Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Today's Appointment

We went in for our 12 week appointment today. I've gained a total of 5 pounds in the first trimester. Not terrible. Dr. Williams wasn't able to hear the baby's heartbeat on the hand held dopper so we had an ultrasound done. I really wasn't suprised at all that he couldn't hear it because I've been trying to hear it at work and I've never been able to either. The part that did suprise me was the the ultrasound tech wasn't able to hear it on the ultrasound either. It took her a good 5 minutes to find it at all. She said she could see it, and that everything looked fine, she was just having a hard time hearing it. She finally told us that it was 162 beats per minute. Sounds good to me. She said that the problem was that everytime she got the baby pinned down and tried to listen, it would move. I couldn't see very well from my angle, but Tim said that he could see it moving and waving its arms and legs.

No comments: