Wednesday, January 30, 2008

4D Ultrasound: A total bust!

We went in this morning for our 4D ultrasound and 28 week appoinment. I've been looking forward to this day for a long time now. As soon as the tech put the ultrasound wand on my belly she said, "we probably aren't going to be getting any good pictures today". Apparently Lincoln didn't want his picture taken. He is positioned with his head down, his face towards my back, and one leg and one arm infront of his face. I don't see how that could possibly be comfortable, but it does explain why I feel like I'm getting kicked at the top and bottom of my belly at the same time. She tried to get a few pictures, but they were terrible, not even worth posting. I rescheduled to go back next Friday morning at 9:30 for another try. Hopefully I can talk him into being more co-operative between now and then. My appointment went well however. They didn't tell me what my BP was, but it must have been fine because no one mentioned it. I actually lost 6 lbs this month. The nurse said that it was because I've been on the diabetic diet. I thought it was strange though that I lost half of what I've gained this entire pregnancy. So now I'm at a grand total of 6 lbs gained. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining. Dr. Williams reviewed my blood sugars and said that whatever I was doing it was working. So I was pleased with that. I reminded him that I had scheduled my c-section for April 11th at 6:30 am. I thought he'd give me a hard time about it, but he said he'd be there. Hopefully next time I write I'll have some great 4D photos to share. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: